Today is a short blog post because who doesn’t love a quick and easy post for a quick and easy recipe? These chickpeas are sure to curb your appetite, while being easy enough to make that you can watch an X-Files episode on the side.
These chickpeas have all the crunch and satisfaction, but with less of the guilt that comes with downing a whole bag of Kettle chips – even if the packaging says it contains 25% less in sodium.
When trying out this recipe, keep in mind that it’s so easy to make it however you want. I prefer mine savoury, with hits of cayenne pepper, and super crispy. If you want sweet chickpeas, throw in cinnamon and maple syrup. Not into spice? Just toss the chickpeas in salt, oil, and some of your favourite herbs. The best part about this recipe? You only need about a tablespoon of a vegetable oil of your choice to make it crispy.
Super Crispy Chickpeas Recipe (Savoury with a hit of spice)
- 1 Can of Chickpeas
- 1 Tbsp. Vegetable Oil (I prefer Avocado Oil)
- 1 Tbsp. Garlic Powder
- 2 Tsp. Cayenne Pepper
- 2 Tsp. Chili Powder
- 1 Tsp. Salt
- 2 Tsp. Ground Black Pepper
- Preheat your oven to 400°F.
- Drain, wash, and dry your chickpeas. The better you dry your chickpeas, the crispier they will be.
- Toss chickpeas with the rest of the ingredients.
- Spread evenly on baking pan in one layer. If the chickpeas aren’t evenly spread out, or are stacked on top of each other, they won’t be as crispy as you may want them to be.
- Place the pan in the oven for 15 minutes.
- After 15 minutes, take the chickpeas out of the oven, toss, and then put them back in for another 15 minutes.
Depending on your oven and personal preference, your chickpeas can turn out however crispy you want them to be. Sometimes, I’m in the mood for them to be so hard they practically chip my teeth, and other times I keep the oven time to about 20 minutes to make sure they’re cooked, but soft. Pick your preference, and let me know what you think of my recipe, or other variations you have on oven roasted chickpeas!